[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Still no sound

Howard Berry h.berry at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 18:09:53 BST 2004

To anyone who can help,
Some time ago I wrote in asking for help getting useful sound on SuSE 9.
I didn't really get much info, so I'm trying again.
The symptoms are- Test sound riff plays OK.
Both cd players -"CD Player" and KsCD seem to think they are playing
something but there is no sound.
I have tried using dev/cdrecorder and dev/cdrom.
with the former Kscd lists the tracks.But not under CDrom.
"CD Player" says all tracks are unknown.
My sound card is Realtek Avance AC97. But as I say, test sound plays.
I am finding all this really frustrating. I hardly use Windows now
(except at work). I have moved my web editing and creation over to
Linux. My graphics to Gimp DTP To Scribus. But I want to listen to CDs
and Lug Radio (but that's another story!)
Much obliged.
Howard