[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Still no sound

kev adams kev at magicmoon.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 18:21:50 BST 2004

On Thursday 23 Sep 2004 18:08, Howard Berry wrote:
> To anyone who can help,
> Some time ago I wrote in asking for help getting useful sound on SuSE 9.
> I didn't really get much info, so I'm trying again.
> The symptoms are- Test sound riff plays OK.
> Both cd players -"CD Player" and KsCD seem to think they are playing
> something but there is no sound.
I think it was mentioned before but have you checked that the analogue audio
from each CD drive is connected to your sound card with the correct cable?

Failing that there was another post to use XMMS.  I used this myself - go to
preferences & configure the CD player plugin to use digital audio extraction
instead of analogue (which would be the cable).

Can XMMS play web audio streams?