[Wolves] Now a Linux question

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 09:48:54 BST 2004

On Monday 27 Sep 2004 18:08, The wise and knowledgeable Kevan proclaimed:

> Yes... on both PC's.  The newer PC - Gigabyte
> 7VAXP-A-Ultra with a 2500 Athlon Barton and 512mb -
> has a DVD drive and a CD writer on IDE channel 2 - 1
> on Linux.  I at first thought that it might be due to
> the onboard RAID which I have configured purely as a
> couple of extra IDE channels.  So, I literally pulled
> the plug on those drives.  No difference.  Then I
> tried it on the old PC and it still came up with hde.
> The really annoying thing is that SuSE will not
> install at all on the newer PC.  It tries but stalls
> at the first hurdle.  For this I suspect it doesn't
> like the NVidia graphics card.

Tell you what, bring one machine round to my office and we'll have a go.
(my god Dick Turpin will have a fit keep doing these freebies)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"