[Wolves] Now a Linux question

Kevan kevanf1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 14:08:56 BST 2004

 --- Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> Kevan wrote:
>
> >the onboard RAID which I have configured purely as
> >couple of extra IDE channels.  So, I literally
> pulled
> >the plug on those drives.  No difference.
> >
> That sounds like a candidate. I bought an ex-gamers
> PC with go-faster
> everything (well it was then.) As well as the IDE
> ports that I use it
> has 2 other ports for drives I wasn't willing to pay
> for. These use up
> A, B, C & D even without cables.
>
> Woo (NB the email address is not a coincidence. I
> live down The Bonk)

Cheers Andy.  Theres not much I can do about the new
PC - the Gigabyte board - unless I can disable the
supplementary IDE channels in the BIOS.  I haven't
looked into this yet....  However, I had completely
forgotten about the add on PCI IDE/RAID board that is
installed in the old PC - DOH!!!!!  I'm going to pull
that this afternoon instead of going fishing :-( and
do a reinstall of Mandrake.  I was having some other
strange issues with MDK 10 which I don't think are
down to the OS but more likely cheap CD-R's.  I shall
never buy Mr.Data CD-R's again.  Got some new CD-RW's
this morning so at least I can re-use them :-)

As for the e-mail hmmm....I had wondered ;-)

So, your surname?  I used to know a girl with the last
name Wooton when I was school.  Can't remember her
first name now but erm let's say I quite liked her
;-)))

Any relation to the Wooton's who used to have land
over in Cheslyn Hay?

Take care.

Kevan