SPAM: RE: [Wolves] Samba as an Active Directory server

Chris Procter Chris at foxonline.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 16:32:18 BST 2004

Samba can act as a Primary Domain Controller for NT4 domains though, and
win2000/XP clients can autheticate against an NT4 domain. Its not the same
as full AD but might be worth bearing in mind depending what you are trying
to do.

Microsoft use a non-standard version of kerberos for AD, I think it uses one
of the "reserved for future use" fields or something, there was much hoohar
about it 4years ago when they announced it.

chris

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Fox Online.
This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted
from Fox Online, are confidential and solely for the use
of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify Fox Online by
telephone on +44 (0)121 693 1424.