[Wolves] Ubuntu Hoary release

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 20:50:12 BST 2005

Ade wrote:

>On Apr 7, 2005 2:58 PM, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Hoary gets released tomorrow. Somehow I get the
>>feeling that most of us have been using it for a
>>while.
>>
>>Ad
>>
>No we havent !

I did. Yesterday on my laptop, after a 4 hour download. I wanted
Mono-develop and the mod-mono ASP module for Apache.  It became obvious
that Warty was not the place to be playing that game.

I was left with a system that hung on boot to the extent that I had to
remove the battery to bring it back to life at least twice before I gave
up and went to bed.

This morning it booted cleanly first time and has had no trouble since -
self-healing software!

Not quite such happy news on my attempt to retain dual-boot with Fedora
Core 1 though. Ubuntu copied the Grub entry over but it just does a
default Ubuntu boot instead. I think my problem may have been that I had
a small /boot partition. It's about time I became more familiar with
GRUB. I'll do it right after I've learned C#, object-oriented
programming and design, .Net, Mono, web services and ASP.

Please don't mention Python. It frightens the Window-monkeys. In the
transaction above, Win NT 4 bit the dust - always satisfying.

Woo