[Wolves] Macs, Linux et al

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Apr 8 18:19:15 BST 2005

On 8 Apr 2005, at 18:06, chris procter wrote:

>> you can run loads of linux distro's (currently Linux
>> uses a PPC machine)
>
> To run Linus on... :-)

lol, my fingers alway go for the X, it's worse now you can order films
online ;-)

> Much as I hate to contradict our beloved sparkes once
> again, microsoft did offer windows on ppc many years
> ago, I have in my grubby hands a winNT server disk
> that claims pentium, MIPS, R4x00, Alpha, and PowerPC
> support.

MMmmm, I have intel and Alpha Disks and I know they played around with
Mips but PPC is a surprise to me.  You would have thought the we hate
IBM ethos would have been true strong in MS at that time when MS was
technically small enough that IBM could eat them alive for all their
past disagreements.

> So so far we know me, Kat, and sparkes all use apple
> hardware, I belive jono has a powerbook, any other
> takers?

Jono's got quite a collection of apple hardware building up (and uses
Windows as well! :-P ) and I seem to remember quite a few people where
looking at iBooks to replace aging laptops when Kat got hers.  Still
not quite the bunch of OSX users that SB lug are ;-)  I think we are
the only ones using OSX regularly.

sparkes