[Wolves] Chris : Midlands Today

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:44:07 BST 2005

On 4/13/05, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Re-LoaD wrote:
>

> >Did anyone see Chris on Midlands Today (tonight)?
> >

> No, has anyone got a download we can grab of it?
>

> Baza

Ah, now I understand :-)  Yes, I saw the article.  Very good too.  All
about the way local and national radio hams were able to communicate
with survivors of the Boxing Day Tsunami.  They did an excellent job
in directing the emergency services to where help was needed most.

I remember reading years ago that the internet would survive a nuclear
war.  It would act as a way of communication.  At the time I wondered
why nobody had thought of the magnetic pulse and the devastation it
would cause with electronics.  Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but
wouldn't the same happen to ham radio?  Unless it was an old tube set?

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street