[Wolves] Best way to clean a TFT monitor screen

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:13:25 BST 2005

On 4/14/05, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I've got a nagging feeling that I've seen a warning on some monitors
> with an anti-reflective coating that you shouldn't use an alcahol based
> fluid. At work we use a foam aerosol which I think is aimed at cleaning
> electronic components.
>
> Woo

I think Maplin used to sell it.  Otherwise somebody like RS Components
do it.  That's where I used to get mine.  I've never seen anything
saying you shouldn't use it on a screen but that's not to say that
there isn't somewhere.  If in doubt I suppose a damp (as in damp not
wringing wet of course) optical cloth would be ok.  It may not get all
the fingerprints off though.

I remember using that foamy stuff on the uni monitors.  It never
seemed to dry :-)))  good cleaner though.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street