[Wolves] Any Idea whats going on?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 15:06:59 BST 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 13:32, David Goodwin wrote:

> Port 137 is one of the Microsoft networking things (netbios-ns)
> so it's probable that windows computers are trying to ask you for name
> lookups.

--<cut>--

> 192.168.X.X is an internal network (class C). It's probably your
> internal LAN

Cheers guys, I wondered if that was the case, I knew 192.168.x.x. was part of
my IP at home and here, but I'm no expert when it comes to networking I can
just about set it up at home now (Remember the 50 million emails when I first
started and wanted an NFS share? ) but I heard the guys talking at about
9.15am this morning saying something was going on on our network and then I
got the system mail at 10.00am with the IP message.

As they've all buggered off out I panicked (Visions of "Stop that bloody Linux
download" came flooding over me) only this time I was thinking someone had
got through our firewall.

Cheers Guys

--

Regards,