[Wolves] Any Idea whats going on?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 10:20:08 BST 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 12:14, Peter Cannon wrote:

The plot thickens!!

Following on from the IP thingy I posted under this thread the other day I've
now started getting these mails;

---<pasted>---

This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:

host name: centrosales.co.uk
DNS domain: co.uk
NIS domain: (none)

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:

Device: /dev/hda, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

For details see host's SYSLOG (default: /var/log/messages).

You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.
No additional email messages about this problem will be sent.

---<End paste>---

Now am I being stupid? but I'm using /dev/hda so it is bloody readable!

I used the smartctrl utility but having never used it before I didn't
understand what it was saying, got a nose bleed and gave up.

Probably unconnected but these oddities started when I plugged my 200GB USB
drive into this laptop (its at home so not currently connected) I'm 100%
certain theres nothing wrong with my hard drive.

Thoughts, comments and flamming crosses to the usual address :-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk