[Wolves] Any Idea whats going on?

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 16:00:33 BST 2005

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 April 2005 16:26, Adam Sweet wrote:

> > A lot of daemons email you their output if they
> don't
> > know what else to do with it, especially if it
> needs
> > your attention (a lot of Debian daemons do
> anyway).
> > How recently did you get this email? Did you get
> more
> > than one?
>
> I seem to be getting at least one when I switch on
> then, I think, when certain
> cron jobs start around 1.00pm ish.

I think it might be part of lm-sensors if you
installed that. Maybe it runs at boot and as a cron
job.

> Yeah, I looked at the man pages before I used it
> which gave me the commands
> and options it was the output I didn't understand.

>From the tutorial I found the following look most
useful:

A quick status check-

# smartctl -H /dev/hda

A quick test-

smartctl -t short /dev/hda

Display the log-

smartctl -l selftest /dev/hda

The output of those looks reasonable, post it here if
you can't understand it.

> Cheers for all the hard work you did in finding the
> links for me, you've been
> listening to those malicious lies uncle Sparkes
> tells about me being lazy ;-)

Never, I know theres an honest, decent, hard-working
soul in inside that shiny dome of yours ;)

Sorry to be terse but I've just been given 5 minutes
notice to collect my niece from chool and I have 1
minute left to get there...

Bye

Ad

--