[Wolves] O/T Wolverhampton politics

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Apr 27 23:00:07 BST 2005

On 27 Apr 2005, at 19:32, Kevanf1 wrote:
> Just as long as the Green Party never get in, I hate that party.

I like the greens for some of their policies that are really well
thought out but they struggle to prove that they aren't a one policy
party and fail to satisfy even their own membership.

If they stuck to green issues, education and defense I think they would
get thousands of times more support.  The fact they talk bullshit on
stuff their membership is obviously divided on makes they look a little
foolish.

Another case for proportional representation.  I have voted for them
previously in the euros but even the way that election works my vote
gets wasted so they have bugger all chance of getting in in the general
election unless their are strong local issues they can fight.

This election marks a change as it's the first general election I don't
get to make a protest vote by voting for a minority party whose beliefs
I think are good because the leftist alliance have pretty much agreed
not to waste a deposit on safe seats and only fight seats they can
effect the outcome.

With a 20 000 Labour majority and one of Tony's mates getting the nod
over a local women who has previously been a labour activist in the
area nobody but the main parties have the balls or the money to put up
fight.  Oh and that majority is with a really shitty turnout over the
last two elections as well so you don't have to even to turn up, drink
Banks' or support Wolves to get in anymore ;-)

Someone remind me to reminisce how Denis Turners wife pushed in front
of me in the queue of the chippy and then did a quick uturn when she
learned I was in fact over 18 and voting in my first general election
;-)

sparkes
--
sparkes at westmids.biz  __            __    __          __    __