[Wolves] Dovecot/ Imap problem

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 13:53:59 BST 2005

Morris, Simon wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 11:56 +0100, Wayne Morris wrote:
>

>>I've killed access to all user inboxes somehow (using fedora and
>>dovecot) ,
>>clicking on inbox gives
>>"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded
>>Internal
>>Error Occurred Refer to server log for information"
>>

>I guess the server log may have some useful information :)
>
>~sm

That was the difficult part, couldn't find a log for dovecot!
 But since found it dumps its stuff into maillog, this showed that
dovecot was not being allowed to create lock files, so I added
dovecot to the mail group and that seems to have fixed it.

I think it was set off by a apt-get upgrade which installed a new
version of dovecot - maybe!

Working now!

Cheers