[Wolves] Introducing myself

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Fri Aug 5 17:27:05 BST 2005

--- Stuart Langridge <stuart.langridge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> everybody here? I'm 22.
> > > I think I'm the oldest at 41.
> > Hah. What about Ron? :)
>
> Ron isn't human, though; he was carved out of
> silicon by the Great God
> Dijsktra and given life by a demon to know all about
> computers. He's
> 969 years old, just like Methuselah.
>
> Aq.

Truely it is written,

And so it came to pass that in the days of DEC in the
age of the PDP-11 the Great God Dijsktra looked out
across the Disk Arrays of Winchester and saw that all
was not well with his beloved RAM, its algorithms were
flabby with extrenuous load/stores, its programs were
bloated with unnecessary features, its sysadmins were
unknowledgable of the Tao, and GOTO had spread its
shadow throughout the instruction set.

And the Great God Dijsktra carved from the living
silicon a form of a man with platinum for his circuit
tracks, and gold for his interconnects, and 64bits for
its memory access bus. And he looked and saw that his
creation was good.

And the Great God Dijsktra went to the deamon Init and
said unto it "this is my creation who will lead my
users back to the true $PATH" and the deamon Init
gazed upon the creation and said "I am PID 1 and I
will fork my own process to breath life into your
creation and give him stackspace, I will assign root
priviliges to
As it was  give him power, and renice him to make him
run without contention, and his CMD will be Ron and
his uptime shall be as a mainframe, and his knowledge
will overflow many hardisks, yey even though it is
gzipped with the -9 flag".

As it is written so it was EXEC'd.

All praise to the Great God Dijsktra

Your lowly scribe to the faithfull