[Wolves] Introducing myself

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 13:59:47 BST 2005

On 07/08/05, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a theory that most music fans start to think that 'modern music'
> is rubbish sometime between about 25 and 35, probably depending more on
> when trends change than their age. People always love the music of their
> youth but as they get caught up in careers and family lives they stop
> paying attention and take the rubbish that is fed them on TV and daytime
> radio as representative of the current 'scene' so don't hear enough of
> the good stuff to learn to appreciate it. Does anyone disagree?

Mmmmm, sort of.  I was possibly late getting 'into' music at the
tender age of 13.  I bought a 2nd hand copy of 2112 by Rush of a mate
of mine.  Just prior to that I had been secretly listening to Tommy
Vance on Radio One every Friday night from 10 'til midnight...ah, the
good old days :-)  I think the first music I heard that sent those
strange little shivers up the back of my neck was some early UFO.  I
just loved it, I'm sure you can all remember that feeling.  At the
time music was stuff just after The Bay City Rollers and pre Sex
Pistols.  I suppose it might have been a bit of a void period where
'popular' music was concerned.  I went headlong into rock at the time.
 My tastes were fairly eclectic as I loved stuff franging from Pink
Floyd to Deep Purple on to Motorhead.  It wasn't too long after that I
discovered classical.  Now mix this in with the odd single I purchased
such as a Police one and an Adam Ant one....forgive me, please I was
only young and didn't know what I was doing :-)  Nowadays I'm as
likely to listen to stuff from Erik Satie as I am to putting a Floyd
CD on, or it might be a CD of Chopin's Nocturnes or even some Bob
Marley.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street