[Wolves] Re: Introducing myself

Kelly, Martin Martinkelly at wlv.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 13:06:08 BST 2005

As a few of you have (Re)introduced yourselves here, I thought I'd have a go.
I'll be fifty this month, currently working as a technician at the school of Art and Design, University of wolves.  I do a turn for the Digital Media and Fine Art departments, looking after various of Equipment and helping students to use our AV resources for use in their installation pieces.

I am currently studying for my MA, where I am looking at open source packages suited for video production paths, primarily for use in community projects.
It seems that you guys are centering your musical interests around white rock/punk and derivatives.  that's ok, I've got a soft spot for seventies rock (and pop) but only occasionally hear modern stuff that rings my bell.

Me, I like Reggie ie, Lovers, dubb and ska, hate dance hall, RnB gospel.
I like World Music, Baba Maal Kanda Bongo Man, hate papa wemba.
Like Folk, I particularly like the songs of Ewen McColl ( Kirstie's Dad), Kate Rusby, Eliza Carthy, don't like martin Carthy much though.
I like Bluegrass, Alison Krauss etc, Hate Country.
I am, and always will be an old git.

I like linux, but it's proving to be an ornery critter, currently using Blag linux (Fedora 3 based) because it comes with many of the dependancy issues resolved.  I'm hoping to shake off my Newbie status soon but I will have to go deep and dirty first.
S'enough for now.
   Martin Kelly