[Wolves] Info for any of you that have TW Broardband

Luke Redpath luke at birmingham.lastfield.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 00:01:51 BST 2005

Peter Oliver wrote:

> Looks like they've hit a wall at 10Mb/s downstream with their existing
> equipment.  Does anyone know what happens next time around?

I think they are awaiting the arrival of DOCSIS 3. This should be around
by 2007 and should support speeds up to 50Mb. DOCSIS means largely
nothing to me but there is some information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOCSIS

I'm also not sure whether to "downgrade" to 4Mb and get twice my current
speed for £10 cheaper or stick with 10. I might stick with 10Mb for a
month and see what its like.

Upload speeds for all but the lowest package will be increased to 384k.

Worried about this rumored NTL merger though - I've always been happy
with Telewest because not being the cheapest, they've always maintained
a stance against caps. NTL on the other hand look set to make all their
plans 10Mb and charge for different cap levels.

Cheers
Luke