[Wolves] Your Feedback Please ! :) - Linux on my work laptop.

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Mon Aug 15 21:18:45 BST 2005

> Some weeks ago, one of teachers at the school where I work, came to me to say
> that "I can't find Windows on my laptop".  So I fires it up, and up comes XP.
> "There you go, that's Windows".  "No it's not", says the teacher, "I want to
> do some word processing, and I can't".  "Ahhh", says I, "You want either a
> word processor, or preferably an office suite, and XP doesn't come with
> that".  "Oh", says teacher, "What can I do?"  "Well, either spend more money
> and buy MS/Office or we can install Open Office for free".  "I'll go and have
> a think", says teacher and AFAIK he's still thinking about it.

Which illustrates quite well how people think that because it's free
it's obviously not as good....

Perhaps a better way of putting it would be :

I can give you OpenOffice now, but if you want MSOffice you'll need to
fill in XYZ forms and wait a week or so.... ;)

David.

--
David Goodwin
w: http://www.clocksoft.co.uk