[Wolves] Fstab mount prob

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Tue Aug 16 13:26:32 BST 2005

Wayne Morris wrote:
> I've had a problem for a while with permissions on a hard drive mounted
> thru fstab into my web directory.
> Although fully readable/writable by all users from command line etc, it
> gives 403 for web viewing.

Do you have DirectoryIndexing turned on? Have you checked apache's
error_log ?

> I remembered later that the problem started after I removed a line from
> fstab when I took out another drive from the system.
>
> Can anyone see anything wrong with this fstab

> /dev/hdb1         /var/www/html/machx/html/80gbdrive    ext2
> defaults    1 2

That looks fine to me (at least)

> ~
> ~
>
> On boot, do get an error saying lines 10 and 11 bad, this refers to the
> sine signs which are repeated further down the rest of file.

Are you sure that's not just what Vi[m] is putting there to show you
that they're empty lines? Try just "cat /etc/fstab" and see if you see
them then.. .if you do delete them.

Thanks
David.
--