[Wolves] New website discussion

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:12:53 BST 2005

On 18/08/05, Stuart Langridge <stuart.langridge at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hm. I see your theory, but I cannot for the life of me imagine how you
> > > could have got as far as the Wolves LUG page without knowing what a
> > > LUG is.
> > >

> > Go to Google and type in Linux+Wolverhampton.  See what the first item is :-)
>
> Very true: do people actually do that, though? If you were just
> getting into this Linux thing and lived in Wolverhampton, would your
> thought be to search for Linux+Wolverhampton in Google? This is, as
> said, why it says "Wolverhampton Linux User Group" along the top
> rather than just "Wolves LUG" :)
>
> Aq.

Perhaps it's me but I do try this sort of seach quite often.  If I'm
after something I tend to look locally to start with.  :-) It often
turns up something that a wider more general Google search will have
hidden about 16 pages deep.  Who actually goes that far into a Google
search?  Don't forget not everybody knows how to search effectively
:-(

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer