[Wolves] New website discussion

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 14:02:27 BST 2005

Stuart Langridge wrote:

>>>Very true: do people actually do that, though? If you were just
>>>getting into this Linux thing and lived in Wolverhampton, would your
>>>thought be to search for Linux+Wolverhampton in Google?

Didn't someone say in the last couple of weeks that he'd been struggling
with Linux for a couple of years and he'd only just heard about LUGs?
I tried exactly the same search as Kevan btw.

>>> This is, as
>>>said, why it says "Wolverhampton Linux User Group" along the top
>>>rather than just "Wolves LUG" :)

I think I was told back in the mists of time that you should always
introduce an abbreviation that you intend to use later. Should it say:
"Wolverhampton Linux User Group (LUG)"?

Woo the Pedant