[Wolves] New website discussion

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 15:01:33 BST 2005

Steve Parkes wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 14:04 +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:
>

>>I don't think it should *mention* the word "Wiki", I think it should
>>just *be* a wiki.
>>

>100% in agreement with this.  The mechanics of how something works
>shouldn't damage its ability to work and what something is called is
>irrelevent.
>

>sparkes

I agree... up to the point when they like it and think "I must get me
some of this" (- Dilbert.) Some of what?

I'd read about Wikis before I ever saw one. I wouldn't want to have
missed it. Conversely, if the visitor has used Wikis before then they
immediately feel at home.
If they are scared by the word 'Wiki', they aren't going to like an OS
where the word 'edit' can be spelled either 'vi' or 'emacs'.

Woo