[Wolves] how the hell do you kill a command?

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 21:50:42 BST 2005

--- roundyz <roundyz at hotpop.com> wrote:

> > Type 'help'.
> > Then decide if it is 'disconnect', 'exit' or
> 'bye'. I can never remember.
> >

> It won't let me connect Andy,  It says only max 2
> connections per client. So
> when I reset computer its ok.
> Now I don't wish to reset my computer every time
> please help me.... :(

I think I might have seen this kind of thing before
but I might be heading in the wrong direction.

Sometimes a server times a connection out after a few
minutes of activity, and you have to use the
disconnect button to cut off the connection and then
start it again. As I said this might not be your
problem.

Use netstat -p (2nd time tonight ;) to view open
connections and their process IDs, then do a kill -9
<process ID> to kill the process that corresponds to
your borked connection.

Or just try killing gftp itself as Aq said.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.drinky.org.uk