[Wolves] how the hell do you kill a command?

roundyz roundyz at hotpop.com
Tue Aug 23 22:10:21 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 Aug 2005 20:31, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> > I have gftp saying that i'm allready connected.
> > how do i Kill it's connection so i can upload my site?
> >
> >From a terminal or a command-run window (alt+F2, normally), type
>
> xkill. That will give you a Magic Cursor; click on any program with
> the Magic Cursor to kill it stone dead. However, this might not solve
> your gftp problem, since it's not necessarily a problem killing the
> *program* -- does it close correctly when you exit it by clicking the
> cross or choosing Exit?

Yerh, I can kill it with the ctrl+alt+Esc combo.
It just stalls on the transfer and stops it won't upload anymore.
then it says too many connections can't reconnect. I have passive mode on as
allways as this uses the extra connection. It's fine for about a few files
then it just goes tits up. My server specs are all in place. I.e 200K per
file upload limit, quota on 50MB. I can't understand it. Was working fine
earlier....

--
Thanks,
Matt