[Wolves] what the hell is DCOM-scm

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 14:47:29 BST 2005

--- David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks for the info it wasn't hairy and firestarter
> seems to be doing
> a good job and was really easy to set up which was
> what I liked but
> within about 40 seconds i'd had 2pages of hits.
> Lets face it you only
> need one to cripple a system even linux.

99% of malicious traffic that gets blocked by your
firewall will be looking for Windows vulnerabilities,
but some will be looking for insecure Unix services
also and perhaps insecure versions of PHP andf so on.

> Next question what is a SQL
> I keep hearing about them but don't know what they
> are.

SQL means Structured Query Language, it's a language
used to query databases. SQL Servers are the databases
systems themselves, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and
MS SQL Server.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk