[Wolves] Revitalising the LUG

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 14:12:28 BST 2005

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Why not ask why some LUG members
> 'don't' attend meetings?
>
> To those members of the LUG who do not attend the
> bi-weekly meeting
> (or do so rarely) why is this?

I suppose I qualify now, quite a scary thought!

There are a number of reasons that I don't attend lug
meetings much any more.

Firstly, and most importantly, is that I'm really
lazy.  Like, seriously, disabalingly lazy.  Attending
a lug meeting for me would normally involve some level
of organisation (working out which Wedensday it is,
eating food before seven....) and it just doesn't
happen!  There are some more useful reasons though....

Firstly the venue is rubbish for me.  I don't like
curry, and coming home stinking of curry isn't very
appealing!  You are forced to sit on very hard, very
uncomfortable chairs for long periods of time, which
isn't good.  I can't complain about the location, as
it's about two minutes walk from where I live, so
that's a plus :)

Apart from the venue I find that LUG meetings can be
something of a battle at times.  There are a few very
strong personalaties at the lug, and this can be
intimidating for other members. Various things have
been spoken about, moving people around and so forth,
but nothing really came of it.

I think new people are made welcome and meetings do
have a great atmosphere and I'd be against making it
more formal, but I think it's something to be aware
of....

fizz