[Wolves] Apache/PHP

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 11:17:12 BST 2005

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I've done something wrong but I don't know what.
>
> Suse Web Server
>
> This is up and live on the www the URL should be
> pointing to a folder
> under /htdocs
>
> If I do localhost or the IP address I get the Apache
> test page, so I presume
> PHP/Apache is working as the Apache test page is
> PHP.
>
> If I stick an index.html file in the folder the page
> displays OK
>
> If I try to access any folders with no html files
> only index.php I get access denied.
>
> If I try to access the index.php directly firefox
> wants to download it rather than display it

Sounds like Apache isn't configured to display
index.php or PHP isn't installed. Make sure PHP and
the Apache PHP module are installed and if so, look at
the DirectoryIndex directive and make sure index.php
is in the list of files to display no file is
specified. They are in order of preference.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.drinky.org.uk