[Wolves] Suse http.conf

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Fri Aug 26 14:30:36 BST 2005

> > There's nothing for it; I'm going to have to look at the conf files.
> > Can you make /etc/apache2/default-server.conf and all *.conf in
> > /etc/apache2/vhosts.d available?
>
> Before I do, which will take a few minutes as I need to nip upstairs, is this
> relevant? the terminal profile is @www I don't think hostname or domain name
> has been set so I'm not sure where its getting www from it should be the
> default which is either linux or localhost.
>
> Now I've had stuff like this before when it comes to profiles (which I'm not
> intentionally using) eg peter at localhost fine can connect to say mysql but
> (example) peter at www connection refused. Now I know all you have to do is add
> @www to the users but I'm wondering if this is the same type of thing? If I
> was a true localhost as apposed to www am I making sense?

You are making sense, but it shouldn't make any difference. It only
matters what you request, not where you're requesting it *from*.
Obviously you're getting different results when requesting
http://localhost/ and http://ip.add.re.ss/ and that's a bit weird, but
why that's happening will be reflected in the conf files.

Aq.