[Wolves] desktop sharing and modem/router

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 11:02:45 BST 2005

Mo Awkati wrote:

>Also anyone done desktop sharing from ADSL to dial up?
>
>Cheers
>
>Mo

Sorry, no but once you are both connected everything should work fine
because its just IP.

I think I see your problem though. If you were both using modems then
your friend could set the modem to auto-answer (with appropriate
security precautions) and you could dial-in and pay for the call. How do
you do that from ADSL? Everything I can think of is a dirty kludge and
risks leaving your friend to pay for a very long phone call. Interesting!

Woo