[Wolves] One for the python mingers?

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 11:29:21 GMT 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 09:45, Peter Cannon wrote:
> Alternatively unpack the archive into a directory which is already on your
> python path.
> --<end>--
>
> Here is the whereis output of my system, or am I barking up the wrong tree.
>
> [root at lightstar ~]# whereis python
> python: /usr/bin/python2.4 /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/python2.4
> /usr/include/python2.4 /usr/share/man/man1/python.1.gz
>
> I need to get this installed so that I can install Kumla I've done all the
> other packages.
I could be at the next tree but if you type the 'env' command do you get a
environment variable that reads something like PYTHON_PATH='....'

I *think* what it's trying to say is you can unpack the archive into any of
the directories that show in this variable.  Have to stress that I'm just
guessing and you might already have tried this...
--
Regards,

Pete Evans