[Wolves] Samba in an Active Directories environment

Ian Harper idharper at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:44:38 GMT 2005

if I am right the nsswitch has passwd, group and shadow set as "files
winbind" but it only shows the local users.

I am not using nscd - its not installed on this machine.

getent group does not work but net ads group does show groups !!
similarly id xyz where xyz is client on AD just reports no such user.

I have restarted winbind and smb.

If I do wbinfo -a xyz%passwd then it correctly verifies the password
but logon, ssh and samba mount (from a client) all fail.

Any ideas what I can try next ?

Ian

p.s. I really appreciate your help on this one.