[Wolves] MythTV on Ubuntu

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 11:05:47 GMT 2005

On 04/12/05, trog <trog at trog-oz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 December 2005 16:05, Andy Wootton wrote:
> > Has anyone tried building a MythTV using the new Ubuntu repository
> > version? I'm thinking of trying it with a Hauppauge card, currently in a
> > Win 95 system but I don't want to seriously break anything at the moment.
>
> The Jan 2006 isue of Linux Format has a huge article about MythTV and suggests
> the Hauppauge 350 & 250 as being suitable cards.  The article has detailed
> instructions on how to compile MythTV yourself; I've generally found any
> software that I've compiled myself works better than a pre-compiled version.
> --
Which is on the newsagents shelves next week I think :-)

I wonder if the Pinnacle cards work with MythTV?  Oddly enough the
Pinnacle digital DVB card I have has rubbish MS drivers for it.  They
only work with XP not any other Windwoes.  They are not very good even
then.  So, if it works under Linux it'll be a good laugh to put it on
the official Pinnacle forums.

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362