[Wolves] can someone please proof read this.

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 23:02:42 GMT 2005

> Excellent work. One thing before the corrections, of which there are
> not many: there is a possibility that these videos will get
> Slashdotted or otherwise get a lot of attention. You'll want to think
> about that in advance with respect to your hosting.

Already thinking about it.  But first I thought some content would be useful.

> Corrections (as I say, of which there are not many):
> (are you covering both Gnome and KDE applications? If not, you might
> want to specify which -- whether you want to say "Gnome" and "KDE" is
> open to question, but a novice user who's just installed SuSE will
> find not much help in a tutorial aimed at the Gnome desktop. If you're
> covering both then that's great, although you might want to perhaps
> have two different "tutorial streams" or similar and say "stream 1 is
> for Fedora and Ubuntu, stream 2 is for SuSE and Linspire" or
> something?)

My goal is to run thought the install process of each main distro/or a
derivative of it,ie Ubuntu (for deb),  Fedora (for Red Hat),  Open
Suse (Suse/Novell) and maybe another probably Mandriva, that I feel a
newcomer is likely to use (sorry Ron no gentoo or linux from scratch
here).  I wish to cover differences in gnome and kde and where
applicable which programs new users may wish to place in gnome from
kde, eg. K3b, or viva versa.

> >so they include changes that naturally occur to improve the
> applications, and to cover new
> >applications that may have come to the forefront in any one area.
> >The site is broken up into three levels of tutorial.
> >Beginner.
>
> (headings don't get a full stop: that should just be "Beginner"
> without the full stop at the end)

Nice tip I will be turning  the headings into the links for the sites
as well as having a Link bar across the top.

> >This is the most basic of tutorials for those who have just
> installed, or are thinking of beginning
> >with Linux. These tutorials run from installing Linux through to the
> basic desktop Linux system.
>
> (note that you can't do a video tutorial of installation because you
> haven't got an OS running to record the video, unless you record
> installation in a VMWare virtual machine or similar)

Or what I am hoping to do is a screen shoot heaven for install process
as a video could well go on for a hour.  Or possibly just Video input
sections not entirely sure which yet.

> >They also cover the most basic description of programs available on
> the Linux desktop. This
> >section is more of tour around the Linux desktop to highlight what
> different Icons are, than a
>
> (more of *a* tour, as mentioned)
>
> >tutorial on how to use them.
> >Basic.
>
> (no full stop, again)
>
> >This is for those people who have installed Linux and need to know
> more about the applications
> >available. These tutorials cover the basic commands of the Linux
> system through to office and
> >commonly used applications. This is really the first section that
> teaches you how to use your
>
> (are office applications not commonly used? "through to office and
> other commonly-used applications", perhaps. Microsoft calls them
> "productivity applications", although whether you want to go down that
> terminology line is up to you)

Ahh erm,  My mistake head working faster than my fingers was meant to
be OpenOffice and (missed completely) other.

> >applications to a basic level.
> >Intermediate.
>
> (no full stop)
>
> >This is the most advanced section on this site. This section covers
> the most used tools in the
> >Linux world and what they are most commonly used for. The reason for
> this site only going to >this level, is that I believe this to be the
> level of the average Linux user.
>
> (no comma between "level" and "is")

Think this one was just typing.  But ta.

> >For anything you feel is a must to be added, please contact me by email at
> >dave.morley at linuxlearner.org.
>
> All good stuff, this. Marvellous work: now we just have to wait for
> the tutorials and the text to go onto a site somewhere :)
>
> Aq.

Thank to everyone especially AQ.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know