[Wolves] XBox 360

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:41:04 GMT 2005

On 05/12/05, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 05 December 2005 09:24, David Goodwin wrote:
>
> >  From what I've read, the xbox 360 suffers from :
> > - instability
>
> his seemed OK to me.
>
> > - dodgy power supply which overheats
>
> I saw that on the news too but then again XBox 1 suffered  the same issue.
>
> > - a deliberate policy by microsoft to create a short term shortage and
> > associated hype.
>
> I cant answer that one, it may be a hype hype (eg a double bluff)
>
> > - requires an expensive HDTV upgrade to get the most from it's graphics
>
> Thats interesting. my brother-in-law is a bit of a rich git and has all the
> latest stuff, he has flush white speakers embedded in the ceiling with a
> F-off plasma screen on the wall so that may answer the question my wife and I
> wanted answering in respect of graphics quality.
>
> The images were amazing, I cant think of the descriptive words to use but the
> images were akin to true 3D quality I have played call of duty 1 on my XBox
> mine seemed to be a flatter image these images looked as if you could see
> round them.
>
> The wireless controller worked from the bedroom (of course you couldn't see
> what you were doing but it gives an indication of range)
>
> > - isn't backwards compatible with the xbox, unless you get the more
> > expensive version which comes with hard disk etc.
>
> Thats what he has, although he said only certain older games will play.
>
> The only con I could see was the fact, as you say, they have now made it
> minimal system that you need to buy extras for it like the hard drive etc etc
>
> Apparently the £208.00  version comes with only a flash card memory no
> wireless controller no head set. If you go for the £280.00 version you get
> all of those and 1 years free subscription to the on-line gaming.
>
> So for the sake of an extra £80 you get £100+ of stuff for free.
>
> --
> Regards
> Peter Cannon
> Fedora Core 4 & Suse 10.0
>
> "There is every excuse for not knowing,
> There is no excuse for not asking!"

I'm afraid I see only one reason for buying an XBox 360.  To flog it
on eBay for around £1,000  That's what they are starting to go up to
on there with the stupid rush to Xmas.  Idiot parents with too much
money and whinging little brat demanding the latest electronic toy.
They deserve to be parted with their money.

Sorry guys and girls I am not a gamer...can't you tell :-)

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

34 Hill Street