[Wolves] Video Recording via USB on Linux

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 16:50:18 GMT 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:17:59PM +0000, David Goodwin wrote:

> How do you plan to do sound?

As a last resort on my tape recorder, but the camera records audio too.

> Would you be able to open /dev/video[0-9] and dump it to a file that
> could be read afterwards? Could this then be re-encoded?

That's along the lines of what I was thinking, but I'm sure how to
actually do it, which is why I was hoping for a howto or software
existed to show me how to go about it.

> Yet more questions...

Indeed, but hopefully they get me closer to an answer ;)

Barbie.