[Wolves] Re: The Open Source Development Paradigm

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 09:27:14 GMT 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 00:26, Peter Cannon wrote:
> I'm willing to bet MS offer a great deal to government bodies on their
> software and MS Word has been around a lot longer than oOo writer.

No bet - I happen to know the prices currently offered by MS to Local
Government and Education authorities and believe me it's a brave IT manager
that decides to go Open Source when speaking with the Bean Counters.

That said it's still not cheap to roll out Office to some 12,000 users.
--
Regards,

Pete Evans