[Wolves] Firefox

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:54:03 GMT 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:37:21 +0000, Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> Tim Humpherson wrote:
> > Firefox works well under XP as well as Linux FC3.
> >
> > One thing... I can't seem to configure Firefox under FC3 so that
> > multiple tabbed windows can be closed individually with a single click
> > from the intelliwheel button.  Under FC3's Firefox, it only goes to a
> > Linux website.  Under XP, it just closes the tab, just what I wanted.
> >
> > Any ideas how to configure Firefox under FC3?
>
> Under Linux, the middle button click on a Firefox window treats the
> current contents of the clipboard (whatever text is highlighted in
> another application) as a URL, and goes to that URL. This is very
> useful, because if you want to jump to a URL from another app you just
> highlight it in that app and then middle-click on Firefox. It doesn't do
> this under XP. If you want Linux to behave like Windows, you should be
> able to do the following:
>
> 1. Type "about:config" in the Firefox address bar.
> 2. Type "middlemouse" in the "Filter" box.
> 3. Set "middlemouse.contentLoadURL" to "false" (double click it to
> toggle from true to false).
>
> Aq.

there are an awful lot of interesting little tweeks that can be
carried out in about:config  Try scrolling down to the search engines
line(s)  You can change the default US Google to UK Google.  Not much
in the great scheme of things but it does at least mean that you are
presented with a UK specific search to start with.  I've also been
told that tweaking pipelining can help with download speeds.  I will
find out the file and post it up here.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer