[Wolves] SuSE and more odd stuff...

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 18:45:03 GMT 2005

 --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>

> If it is the DVD then its strike #2 for Mo!
>
> I'm sure it was Mo who said you get extra stuff on
> the DVD.
> My original install was from the Cds but being
> greedy I reinstalled from the
> DVD.
>
> So from 'Mo killed my modem' we may well have 'Mo
> killed my install' :-)
>
> Only kidding Mo its Friday and I want to go home and
> drink 5 very large
> Bushmills.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peter Cannon.

Hello Peter

Well, I don't do things in half measures!!!

I installed SuSE 9.2 on my father-in-law's pc from the
cd as he dosen't have a DVD drive. 9.2 is behaving
itself, though I had to copy Scribus from the DVD to
install it for him. I don't think its anything to do
with the mod eof installation. I think it reacts to
the way the machine is configured, add to that the
extra security measures it now has. ( I don't know if
Kevan tried the "Creat and Edit users" option?).

Mo