[Wolves] SuSE and more odd stuff...

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 08:51:32 GMT 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 14:07, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Normally you can't write to an NTFS formatted partition in Linux.  I
> believe that there is a third party tool being upon to allow it,
> however.  But, I knew this anyway which is why the whole drive is a
> FAT32 formatted one :-)

I got that right then :-)

> That is exactly how I did it in the first place.  Apart, that is, from
> actually partitioning the disk.  It was already partitioned as a FAT32

This is the crux of the problem, I don't know why and I cant explain it but
its as though 9.2 has a new way of formating, its the only way I can explain
it. When I put 9.2 on (clean install) it refused to read/write to the two
13GB partions (Reiserfs) and a 10GB partition (FAT32), under Windows using
Partition Magic everything seemed fine as I didn't have anyting of value on
the 10GB partition I reformatted with Partition Magic as FAT32 quick change
back into Suse but no joy, OK I thought lets have a go with Suse's
partitioner did the same as I did from Windows and hey presto it worked so I
copied the stuff on the two 13GB partions from Partition Magic went back to
Suse and did the same procedure as I had done with the FAT32.

Now its either witchcraft or as I said before some special idiosyncracy known
only to Suse 9.2

--
Regards
Peter Cannon