[Wolves] SuSE and more odd stuff...

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 08:51:34 GMT 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 18:44, Mo Awkati wrote:

> Hello Peter
>
> Well, I don't do things in half measures!!!

Your fame is starting to proceed you :D

> I installed SuSE 9.2 on my father-in-law's pc from the
> cd as he dosen't have a DVD drive. 9.2 is behaving
> itself, though I had to copy Scribus from the DVD to
> install it for him. I don't think its anything to do
> with the mod eof installation. I think it reacts to
> the way the machine is configured, add to that the
> extra security measures it now has. ( I don't know if
> Kevan tried the "Creat and Edit users" option?).

Yep my money is on the 'New Security features' too it would be nice if there
was some sort of pop up (I know we all hate them) that activated once the
install/update was complete and gave you an overview of whats changed and
what to do about it. I don't really want to trawl through the updated man
pages.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon