[Wolves] HURD

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 12:50:33 GMT 2005

baza wrote:

> I See on Slash Dot that the GNU kernel project, HURD, now runs some
> software. Thing is; where is the market for this when it hits the
> streets? Is it not ten years late, with GNU/Linux having won the game
> about three years ago?
>
> Baza

I don't remember there being huge demand for Linux when it hit the
streets. A few people who saw how good it was spread the word. Why would
we care what kernel we're running as long as everything looks the same
and it follows the right principles? Richard Stallman seems to have a
knack for making people dislike him but he isn't often wrong. I'm going
to start trying harder to call it GNU/Linux to hedge my bets.

Woo