[Wolves] Anyone used WINE on either FC3 or SuSE 9.2 Pro?

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 01:32:33 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 Feb 2005 00:07, Tim Humpherson wrote:

> Let's hear how you coped with WINE, its problems, praises, and what
> Windows softwares did you run using WINE?

Using WINE ages ago: Solitaire, Minesweeper, Notepad and similar "small"
applications worked fine, but that was about it. Visual FoxPro worked in a
fashion but not properly (I was a VFP developer at the time, so this was of
practical interest). Quite fiddly to use, though it may have improved in more
recent releases.

More recently using CrossOver WINE: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office
2000. Some of the Office applications don't work right, but the "basics" such
as Word, PowerPoint and Excel are fine.

In practice, the only app I use regularly via CrossOver is IE, for web site
testing purposes. Setup and usage is streightforward - Windows applications
are automatically added to the GNOME/KDE menus when they are installed.

James