[Wolves] FEDORA CORE 3 - Mount commands

Tim Humpherson tim.humpherson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:53:00 GMT 2005

I am using SuSE 9.2 Professional, and I could 'see' the mounted hard
drives, even ones with Windows partition in it.  I can only read them
(but not write back, as Peter pointed out).  That is fine as I could
save it to a FAT32 partition, which both Linux and Windows would be
able to read/write (I haven't tested this yet, though).

----

Anyway, how do I "mount" those hdd partitions (Windows) with a mount
command, under RED HAT FEDORA CORE 3?  Also, I would like this be
accessible to certain users, how do I do this?  It has something to do
with CHOWN?

Do I use the following line as follows:
          mkdir /mnt/windows
          mount -t ntfs /dev/hdc1 /mnt/windows