[Wolves] FEDORA CORE 3 - Mount commands

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 09:33:42 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 00:52, Tim Humpherson wrote:

> Anyway, how do I "mount" those hdd partitions (Windows) with a mount
> command, under RED HAT FEDORA CORE 3?  Also, I would like this be
> accessible to certain users, how do I do this?  It has something to do
> with CHOWN?
>
> Do I use the following line as follows:
>           mkdir /mnt/windows
>           mount -t ntfs /dev/hdc1 /mnt/windows

Come on Tim, What do you think? You've got some manuals now, (The Suse Pro
that I gave you) the commands are mostly generic you can use the books to
help you or at least guide you in the right direction.

The above command looks good to me, but don't forget the permissions remember
only root can mount (unless you give a user the right to mount) so when you
mount it you will need rw permissions.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.