[Wolves] FEDORA CORE 3 - Mount commands

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:04:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:47:37 +0000 (GMT), Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  --- Tim Humpherson <tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using SuSE 9.2 Professional, and I could 'see'
> > the mounted hard
> > drives, even ones with Windows partition in it.  I
> > can only read them
> > (but not write back, as Peter pointed out).  That is
> > fine as I could
> > save it to a FAT32 partition, which both Linux and
> > Windows would be
> > able to read/write (I haven't tested this yet,
> > though).
> >
> > ----
> >
> > Anyway, how do I "mount" those hdd partitions
> > (Windows) with a mount
> > command, under RED HAT FEDORA CORE 3?  Also, I would
> > like this be
> > accessible to certain users, how do I do this?  It
> > has something to do
> > with CHOWN?
> >
> > Do I use the following line as follows:
> >           mkdir /mnt/windows
> >           mount -t ntfs /dev/hdc1 /mnt/windows
>

> If you don't understand, read man mount on how to pass
> mount options.
>
> Also probably a good time to read your nice new SuSE
> manual or any of a million good howtos on the web on
> Linux file permissions.
>
> Ad
>
> =====

Then if you are like me you will have loads of fresh new
knowledge......but it doesn't bleedin' well work with SuSE 9.2  Sorry
guys and girls but I am still banging on about this because it is
critical to me and it stopping me from doing a major project with
Linux.  I am still waiting for SuSE to get back to me.  I am seriously
unimpressed with 9.2 I have to say that it noe has a feel of Micro$oft
products to it.  It looks pretty and promises the earth but falls flat
when you want to do something.

I'm not alone in these feelings, sadly.
--
Take care.