[Wolves] FEDORA CORE 3 - Mount commands

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 13:34:12 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 13:03, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Then if you are like me you will have loads of fresh new
> knowledge......but it doesn't bleedin' well work with SuSE 9.2  Sorry
> guys and girls but I am still banging on about this because it is
> critical to me and it stopping me from doing a major project with
> Linux.  I am still waiting for SuSE to get back to me.  I am seriously
> unimpressed with 9.2 I have to say that it noe has a feel of Micro$oft
> products to it.  It looks pretty and promises the earth but falls flat
> when you want to do something.

No! Sorry mate but I cant sit back and accept that!

Your problem is that you have stuff on another drive if it was on the same
drive there wouldn't be a problem.

You can get at this info and you could move it but you don't want to.

Now thats understandable and I agree it should work but its like the old joke
"Doctor my arm hurts when I do this!" answer "Well don't do it then!!!"
I understand your frustration but give yourself a break, move the data or
failing that do it under Windows theres no shame in using MS as far as I'm
concerned anyone who thinks they must only use Linux or they will be hung
drawn and quartered needs their head examined.

While its an easy crusade to join "I hate Microsoft because........"
situations like yours show the holes in those arguments its the old school
playground scenario I'll agree with you say so that you'll be my friend.

Even though I've read your posts I'm convinced I'm not having the same issues
as you (to a certain extent) last night I happily copied over the whole of
the Suse Pro 9.2 update tree from my Fedora laptop to the Reiser file system
on another drive mounted on my home folder on dev/hdc while of course the
permissions were for root only a quick chmod -R and anyone could read and
write to those files and folders I then did a 'YOU' local server update with
no problems! Ooh and I moved some files around across the partitions as well.

What I will say is I changed some folder permissions in my home dir but they
did revert back to root after doing the same changes a couple times more the
changes succeeded, annoying but not life threatening :-)

Rant over,

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.