[Wolves] SuSE and more odd stuff...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 15:12:30 GMT 2005

Ok, after much head scratching and head banging - up the wall - I have
solved the problem I had.  If you recall I was unable to write to a
slave drive on the primary IDE channel on my SuSE 9.2 tin.  I knew
fstab entries were all correct as it worked with 9.1  For some reason
on Friday a thought entered my head.  I had the master drive set as
master via the jumper on that drive and the slave set as slave via the
jumper on that respective drive.  For some reason I decided to try
cable select on the master.  Bingo!!!  It worked, I was able to write
to the slave as a normal user.

I am still puzzled however, by the fact that I was able to write to
the errant drive as root with the jumper set in the original way.  Any
ideas on that one?

Oh, by the way, SuSE 9.1 was/is installed on an identical 6gb drive as
the slave.  Obviously it something to do with the fact that my new
drive is a Maxtor.

It's all very odd.

--
Take care.