[Wolves] Hooray I can see Debian!!

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 09:59:17 GMT 2005

 --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> I have the Fedora Bible by my side to protect me
> from the dark temptations of
> Debian (The default hostname is darkstar!!!) I only
> had about twenty minutes
> play its woody r3 running KDE 2.2 it reminded me of
> Red Hat 7.2

Basically they freeze testing and then fix as many
critical bugs as they can while they shape up for the
next major release. It has been 3 years between
releases in the past, though I think 2.2 and 3.0 were
18 months apart. They only add security updates and
bugfixes to the exisiting stable release during that
time. Thats why it looks so old.

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change every instance
of the word stable to the word testing (don't change
the CD line). Better still, make a copy of every line
(except CD) and do the above with the new lines. Then

apt-get update

apt-get dist-upgrade

It won't be pleasant on 56k if you're at home...

Welcome to the real true path ;-)

Ad

=====
--