[Wolves] Hooray I can see Debian!!

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 11:30:32 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 10:58, Adam Sweet wrote:

> > Aaaaah, so I'm not gonna see blue curve then?
>
> No. And thats a good thing.

Pete throws his rattle across the room :-(

> R4 is just a security update release, there will only
> be no newer versions (in terms of software release
> numbers).

Ah, I understand (But don't let the press know)

> For your own purposes just use apt, but I guess you
> need to work with the others for the thing you're
> doing (LPI?).

Give that man a Cigar! got it in one. I'm reading through the LPI (or as Pete
likes to call it Lippy) Bible and have got to the Debian section this is what
made me get off my backside and sort it out as I read each line my eyes get
wider and wider then my nose starts to bleed but I'll get there.

> Doesn't really work like that unless you download the
> entire debian archive for your chosen version (stable,
> testing etc) inc security, non-us, non-free if you
> chose it etc. Thats gigabytes of stuff. And add your
> laptop as a source in sources.list. Someone else might
> be able to tell you the best way of doing something
> like this as I've never done it. I guess you can do
> that with FC. Debian gets a list of the latest
> packages (apt-get update) and then when you issue
> apt-get dist-upgrade, checks the package lists for the
> latest versions and works out which ones it needs to
> update before prompting you to install the newest
> versions.

I know a guy who has 2Terabyte of storage.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk